• New data and features released
Or follow us @cbioportal on Twitter
• New tools released
RAS/RAF alterations in colorectal cancer
BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations in ovarian cancer
POLE hotspot mutations in endometrial cancer
Protein changes in PTEN-altered ovarian cancer samples
TP53 and MDM2/4 alterations in GBM
PTEN mutations in GBM in text format
BRAF V600E mutations across cancer types
Patient view of an endometrial cancer case
What People are Saying
"Whenever bench scientists ask me how they can look at TCGA data, I've never
had a good answer for them. Now I do. The cBio Portal meets a critical need--it is the
interface that the cancer research community needs to access the wealth of TCGA. Even as a
computational biologist, I use it to follow-up on genes of interest. It makes querying
the data much less painful."
– Postdoctoral Fellow, Oregon Health & Science University
"I would like to congratulate you and the team of the cBio portal.
It's just an amazing tool to work with, and we at Mass General really appreciate it."
– Research Fellow at Massachusetts General Hospital
"As a bench biologist with primary aim of determining gene aberrations in GBM, I found
your site absolutely fantastic! Thank you! I have to reiterate how awesome and user-friendly
your group has made this site - finally accomplishing the goal of having data easily accessible
– Sr. Research Associate at Knight Cancer Institute/OHSU
"Thank you for your incredible resource that has helped greatly in accessing the TCGA
– Postdoctoral Fellow, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine,
Dept Radiation Oncology and Molecular Radiation Sciences
"I have been enjoying the ease with which TCGA data can be extracted in R using your CGDS package.
Very nice work!"
– Sr. Software Engineer, Institute for Systems Biology
"Thank you for generating such an excellent software. It is very useful for our research."
– Research Fellow, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
"Thank you very much for providing and maintaining this great resource."
– Scientist, Discovery Bioinformatics, Biotechnology Company
"I want to thank you for the nice, useful and user-friendly interface you have generated
and shared with the community."
– Postdoctoral Fellow, Harvard Medical School, Children's Hospital Boston
"This portal is truly the greatest thing since sliced bread. I am making discoveries with it not only in glioblastoma, my primary focus, but in other cancers as well -- it's all so easy with this fantastic tool. And I am enjoying showing it to my colleagues, whose jaws also drop. Thank you a thousand times over for this beautiful public resource. I am looking forward to citing this soon in an upcoming paper..."
– Associate Professor, University of Virginia